What are your duties in the event of a loss?
Duties in the Event of Accident, Claim, Suit or Loss
- Give prompt notice to the insurer or its representative
- Obtain insurer’s consent before assuming an obligation, making a payment, or incurring an expense
- Send insurer copies of any request, demand, order, notice, summons, or legal papers immediately
- Cooperate with the insurer
- Give insurer authority to obtain medical records and other information
- Submit to physical exam by insurer’s physician as often as reasonably required
- Notify police if theft is involved
- Protect the covered auto from further damage
- Keep a record of expenses
- Permit the insurer to inspect the covered auto and records proving the loss before repair or
- Agree to examination under oath at the insurer’s request, and sign the statement
In order to make sure your claims are handled in the most efficient manner and there are no issues, be prepared with all of the above info to make your claims handling a smooth process.
Be sure to contact us first in any claims scenario and we will be here to advise you on the best route possible to handle your claim.