Protect your business from losses due to events that may occur during the normal course of business.
Business Coverage and Commercial Auto Insurance
As a business owner in Washington State, you need the same kinds of insurance coverages for the car you use in your business as you do for a car used for personal travel — liability, collision and comprehensive, medical payments (known as personal injury protection in some states) and coverage for uninsured motorists. In fact, many business people use the same vehicle for both business and pleasure. If the vehicle is owned by the business, make sure the name of the business appears on the policy as the “principal insured” rather than your name. This will avoid possible confusion in the event that you need to file a claim or a claim is filed against you.
Whether you need to buy a business auto insurance policy will depend on the kind of driving you to do. A good insurance agent will ask you many details about how you use vehicles in your business, who will be driving them and whether employees if you have them, are likely to be driving their own cars for your business. While the major coverages are the same, a business auto policy differs from a personal auto policy in many technical respects. Ask your Everett, WA, insurance agent to explain all the differences and options.
Business Insurance / General Liability
If your business has a personal umbrella liability policy, there’s generally an exclusion for business-related liability. Make sure you have sufficient auto liability coverage.Unfortunately for every business owner, the chances of getting sued have dramatically increased in the last decade. General Liability insurance can prevent a legal suit from turning into a financial disaster by providing financial protection in case your business is ever sued or held legally responsible for some injury or damage. General Liability coverage pays losses arising from real or alleged bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or arising from your operations. Many different types of insurance for business need to be considered depending on your business model.
Broad Range of General Liability Protection
- Bodily Injury, including the cost of care, the loss of services, and the restitution for any death that results from injury
- Property Damage coverage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property
- Products-Completed Operations provides liability protection (damages and legal expenses up to your policy’s limit) if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided.Products Liability is a more specialized product liability insurance that protects your company against lawsuits from product-related injury or accidents
- Contractual Liability extends to any liability you may assume by entering into a variety of contracts
- Other coverage includes: Reasonable Use of Force; Borrowed Equipment; Liquor Liability; Non-Owned Vehicles (such as aircraft and watercraft); Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage;
- Water Damage Liability Protection; Legal Defense Costs; Medical Payments; Personal Injury; Advertising Injury; and specialized liability protection for specific business types
Business Owners Insurance
If you are looking for a comprehensive policy to cover your business, ask about our Business Owners Policies.
First Steps for Insuring Your Home Based Business. We also offer bonding for contractors and services requiring a bond.
Already a customer of The Miller Insurance Agency?We have policy management forms available for your convenience.