Car Insurance | Protect yourself on the road with the right coverage
What is car insurance?
Car Insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the car insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Insurance coverage for your car is comprised of six different types of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
Why do you need vehicle coverage?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
- Washington State requires a driver of a registered vehicle to have Auto Insurance coverage.
- Get a Free Quote today.
Questions to ask your agent about .
4 things to consider when working with an independent insurance agent:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident?
(To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policies, and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
What should you carry in your roadside safety kit?
This policy may also qualify for a multi-policy discount.
Already a customer of The Miller Insurance Agency?
We have policy management forms available for your convenience.
Everett-WA, Marysville-WA, Bothell-WA, Mill Creek-WA, Lynnwood-Wa, Arlington-WA, Lake Stevens-WA, Monroe-WA,
Kirkland-WA, Bellevue-WA, Seattle-WA, King County-WA, Snohomish County-WA.